Winners Of 19th Edition of Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
The 19th Edition of the Ghana music awards took place yesterday at the Accra International Conference Center. Event packed with thrilling, fun, weird and emotional moments.
Ghana recognizes the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards as the biggest awards scheme set up to reward hard-working artistes and give the young stars the opportunity to properly introduce themselves to a larger audience. This is the 19th Edition of the awards scheme and I think it keeps getting better each year…
The night saw beautiful performances; mostly Live band from artistes like Joe Mettle who won the overall Artiste of the Year in 2017, KiDi, King Promise, Kuami Eugene, Stonebwoy, Samini, Kwesi Arthur, Fancy Gadam, Nasty C from South Africa, Tiwa Savage from Nigeria and many mind-blowing performances.
One again Sarkodie changed the mood for the night with his refreshing entrance and back to back performances! Undoubtedly, one of the best performance of the night which looks well planned and rehearsed! I can always bet my last dime on Sarkodie for that! One beautiful thing I saw some of the artistes do is to invite a couple of young stars to join them on stage. Sarkodie gave B4Bonah few seconds of his time to perform and Samini did same for the young sensation Deon Boakye.
There were some really beautiful scenes and those includes the hiplife group Praye performing together again after so many years of splitting and they affirmed the group is back for good! They performed their old hit songs and rocked the stage! A beautiful thing to watch and I look forward to listening to their new songs.
Another beautiful thing is MzVee, Legendary Akosua Agyapong, Adina and Efya performing some of Ebony’s songs. Breath-taking performances which brought tears out! The awards night remembered other lost souls and I think that was a beautiful thing to do. Ebony took the greatest award, Artiste of the Year which many already predicted.
Show hosted by John Dumelo and Berla Mundi, and Turn Tables got the spins of their lives with DJ Black mashing it up! Great event and definitely a night to remember. Below are the list of winners….
- Best Traditional Artiste – Amamrefo Dance and Music ensemble
- Instrumental artiste of the year – Dominic Quarshie
- Lifetime achievement award – Mary Naa Amanua Doudu
- Unsung Artiste – Kelvyn Boy
- Gospel Song of the Year – Joe Mettle (Bonoo ni)
- Hip Hop Song of the year – Kwesi Arthur (Grind Day Remix)
- Reggae/Dancehall Song of the year – Samini (My Own)
- Hiplife song of the year – Fancy Gadam (Total Cheat)
- Afro pop song of the year – Ebony (Sponsor)
- Highlife Song of the year – KiDi (Odo)
- Gospel artiste of the year – Joe Mettle
- Highlife artiste of the year – Kuami Eugene
- Hiplife/Hip-hop artiste of the year – Sarkodie
- Songwriter of the Year – Bullet (Maame Hwe)
- Reggae dancehall artiste of the year – Stonebwoy
- Best collaboration of the year – taking over by Shatta Wale ft militants
- Best Rapper of the year – Sarkodie
- Best Group of the year – Wutah
- Best video of the year – captain planet (Obi Girl) directed by Geo of phamous philms
- Best Male Vocalist – Joe Mettle
- Best female vocalist – Adina
- African Artiste of the year – David
- Record of the year – TeePhlow
- Best new artiste of the year – Kuami Eugene
- Song/Producer of the year – Fancy Gadam (Total Cheat prod by Killbeatz)
- Album of the year – Ebony (Bonified)
- Artiste of the year – Ebony