SaminiFest 2014 Begins with Music Industry Workshop at Dancestardom
SaminiFest Sets Off 3rd December 2014:
Samini Music and GCEEI, in partnership with the Musicians Union of Ghana will present the MTN Saminifest Music Industry Workshop scheduled for the 3rd of December 2014 at Dancestardom, Sakaman from 10:00am to 2pm.
Under the theme: “Mastering Financial Planning for the Creative Professional”, the MIDLAND/STARLIFE Music Industry Workshop seeks to equip industry professionals on how to create an effective Financial Plan. There will be an introductory training on creating a financial plan- profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheet, in relation to industry practices. Also, an exposition on what banks require before granting loans and what financial products and Insurance/pension products exist for Creative Arts professionals. Speakers include:
- The main Speaker for the workshop is Mr. Charles Mensa, an accomplished Accountant and Investment Professional. He is a graduate of Harvard University and the Manchester Business School, UK. Mr. Mensa is the former Director of Finance and Administration at the National Lotteries Authority, where he grew the business from US$15million per year to a US$160million dollar business within a period of 5 years. He has also worked with Multimedia Broadcasting Company as Finance Director, and sits on the board of Windsor Capital.
- Also, there would be a Speaker each from Midland Savings and Loan and Starlife Assurance.
The workshop targets artistes (both established and upcoming), artistes Managers, Industry Practitioners and Corporates, Financial Institutions with an interest in Arts and Music. The Workshop, which is open to a maximum on 100 persons, is FREE. However prior registration is required to ensure standards are met. Registration is on first-come-first-served basis. To register please call 0541888877. Interested parties can also visit Dancestardom by Tuesday, 2:00pm to register.
Ghana Center for Entrepreneurship, Employment and Innovation (GCEEI) is an award winning Business Advisory Support Center that supports Startups, Entrepreneurs, Executive Clients in Business Development, Consulting, Business Financing and Support Services.
MTN Saminifest is an annual musical festival, bringing together music lovers from all over the country, to celebrate the works of Samini, and also showcase authentic class-act performances from leading Ghanaian artistes.
Activities of the 4-day Celebration as follows:
- Dec 3- MIDLAND/STARLIFE Music Industry Workshop @ Dancestardom
- Dec 4- Samini Photo & Video Exhibition @ Dancestardom
- Dec 5- African Market Day- FoodFest & Pre-Party @ Dancestardom
- Dec 6- Saminifest Live (Main Concert) @ Trade Fair
MTN Saminifest is supported by CLUB BEER, Fiesta Condom, Ashfoam; Star Assurance and Midland Savings & Loans
SOURCE: Ameyaw Debrah